How lean did I get?

How lean did I get? I got lean enough to compete in a figure contest! About 3 years ago December 2010, I was so excited about where I was in my health and fitness! I was excited because I started at a body fat of 29% while weighing 110 pounds, and after 3 years I had a body fat percentage of 17% at a body weight of 110lbs. That means I lost 13.44 pounds of fat and gained 12.94 pounds of muscle! My overall body weight did not change, but my body shape did. I dropped pant sizes, developed a remarkable hour glass shape with more tone and definition, and a lifted butt!
Highly inspired, I decided that I wanted to compete in a fitness contest. I would have to get to roughly 11% to 13% body fat and my abs would really have to be shredded! That meant I had to really focus on my diet and add one cardio workout a week in addition to the 3 weekly HYSTRENGTH(sm) work outs. I found a contest to try out for in August of 2011. To prepare, I researched other figure winners. I wanted to evaluate their diet and exercise plans to see what worked. Upon closer examination, the diets of the fitness competitors seemed very unhealthy and I worried I would lose hard gained muscle by following their plan (the foods and calories were too restricted for too long, coupled with very little to no carbs, which actually was a good thing). I also did not want to take any supplements, which I do not think very highly of (a topic for another blog). My plan worked. I did reach my goal of being lean enough to compete, for I am now between 14 to15% body fat at 106lbs. I lost 4.2 lbs of fat, and I did lose some muscle (about 1.3 pounds...not bad for contest shape). That is very good! I am very proud of where I am, and it is easy for me to maintain. The diet is not overly restrictive, and I have good, manageable eating habits now. I decided not to compete because I reached my personal goal and realized I did not need the award for fulfillment. What I really wanted to do was a sexy new photo shoot with my beautiful husband as a reward. We did that. It was wonderful!
My Journey and pictures are on my Web site HERE!





Comments